Sunday, July 22, 2012

Park on Fire!

Sweet hound.

At 4:30am we heard fireworks. Well, I heard them. And held my breath hoping that Annie did not hear them. She didn't make a noise. So back to sleep I went, until I woke to the smell of burning plastic at 6am and looked out and saw the equipment on fire :(

I think that who ever did the fireworks, lit them off inside the equipment. That is really the only way to generate enough heat to cause the think plastic to light on fire.

I called 911 and the FD came and put the fire out very quickly. When I left for work at 9:45am the fire investigator had already been out investigating for a few hours. Hoping we get new equipment soon!

2 comments:

2 Punk Dogs said...

Annie has the sweetest face! It's crazy how the playground equipment caught fire, that must have smelled awful. Glad no one was hurt.

Worm, the Basset Hound said...

Oh no, Ms. Annie! that's nuts. good thing your Ma saw and got it taken care of. how scarrrry. looks like the playground needed to take a shower.